Events described by Golden Stay and seen as unforeseen events are described below. For refunds, Golden Stay reserves the right to investigate.
- In case of death, sudden illness or accident of the main person or one of the participants.
- In case of early termination of your vacation due to death of a family member in the first degree of the sponsor or one of the participants.
- In case of early termination of your vacation due to fire, storm damage or lightning strike at or in your home or possessions of the main character.
- A special call for military service, other than mobilization. In case of early termination of your vacation for one of the above reasons, a percentage of the rent will be refunded in proportion to the number of days enjoyed.
No right to a refund exists if:
- The event is the result of or is related to a civil war, a (natural) disaster and/or a forest fire;
- The event is the result of or is related to the tenant’s participation in or knowingly attending (aircraft) hijacking, strike, riot, insurrection or terrorist act;
- The tenant is not fully aware of the occurrence, nature or extent of the damage or if the obligations are not fulfilled or are not fulfilled on time. If you unexpectedly have to cancel
your vacation and you do not have cancellation insurance, then you are obliged to pay a fixed compensation to Golden Stay.
This concerns bookings made directly with Golden Stay without an intermediary or booking platform.
As described below:
- You can cancel 30 days prior to arrival and will be refunded 100% of the total travel sum.
- You can cancel up to 14 days prior to arrival and will receive a 50% refund.
- You can move your booking up to 14 days before arrival. If this does not work, the reservation will be cancelled. You can still claim a voucher. This voucher can be used at a later time. The voucher is valid for 1 year after the date of issue. If there are demonstrable unforeseen circumstances, an exception can be made.
- You can cancel within 14 days before arrival, you will not receive a refund.
- If a reservation is made less than 14 days before arrival, cancellation is possible up to 48 hours after the reservation was made. You will then receive a 100% refund of the total travel sum. After these 48 hours you can cancel up to 7 days before arrival, you will be entitled to 50% of the night rate and cleaning costs.
Cancellation policy – Golden Stay versie 1.4 – 2020901